Released by: Fire Services Project
For Immediate Release
Community Meetings on Fire Services in Sonoma County Continue
Robust participation and input received to date on the future of fire services in Sonoma County
Santa Rosa, CA – October 31, 2014 – The County of Sonoma has launched
a project to seek a more effective, efficient, and sustainable fire service
system in the county, particularly the unincorporated areas. Fire services
in Sonoma County are provided today by dedicated and excellent volunteers and
professionals. Yet, many districts and volunteer companies in the County are
facing significant financial stresses. Recommendations will be developed
over the next 12 months.
As part of the project, County officials have held 5 community meetings to
date, and have an additional 6 meetings scheduled covering the various regions
in the the county. Residents in each community are encouraged to join one of
the upcoming meetings to provide input that will help inform the scope of the
project and provide context for the recommendations that are presented to the
Board of Supervisors. There has been robust attendance at each of the previous
5 community meetings, with good conversation and input from the
participants. Input received at all the meetings will be summarized and
reported out at a Fire Services Summit in December.
Each of the meetings are scheduled from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the following
locations and dates. Interested members of the public are invited to attend.
- November 3: Sea Ranch Volunteer Fire Department, Del Mar Center Hall, 40600
Leeward Road, Sea Ranch.
- November 5: Windsor Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 8600 Windsor Roda, Windsor.
- November 6: Forestville Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 6554 Mirabel Road,
- November 12: Kenwood Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 9045 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood.
- November 13: Monte Rio Fire Protection District, Rec Center, 20488 Hwy 116, Monte Rio.
- November 17: Cloverdale Fire Protection District, 451 S. Cloverdale Boulevard, Cloverdale.
For more information about these meetings, please contact Peter Bruland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 565-2431. Additional information on the project is available on-line at: sonomacounty.ca.gov/CAO/Fire-Services-Project.