Pavement Preservation Program - 2017 Chip, Fog, & Slurry Seals
About the Treatment Types
A Chip Seal is liquid asphalt is sprayed onto the pavement followed immediately by spreading on a thin layer of uniformly sized aggregate chips. The new surface is then rolled to embed the chips in the asphalt. Once the asphalt has cured (usually taking about 24 hours or less) any loose chips are swept up.
Chip seals are relatively inexpensive, as compared to conventional hot mix asphalt overlays, and are fast and easy process (usually completed in 24 hours or less). A chip seal can extend pavement life by 5 to 7 years.
A fog seal is a light application of a diluted slow-setting asphalt emulsion to the surface of an aged pavement surface. Fog seals are low-cost and are used to restore flexibility to an existing asphalt pavement surface.
A slurry seal is the application of a mixture of water, asphalt emulsion, aggregate (very small crushed rock), and additives to an existing asphalt pavement surface. A slurry seal is similar to a fog seal except the slurry seal has aggregates as part of the mixture.
See more information about pavement treatments
- DUTCHER CREEK RD, from Dry Creek Rd to Cloverdale City Limit (Road ID 0002, from postmile 10.00 to 15.0)
- GEYSERS RD, from Highway 128 to Red Winery Rd (0901B, from postmile 10.00 to 10.62)
- LUDWIG AVE, from Llano Rd to South Wright Rd (78013, from postmile 10.00 to 10.94)
- LYTTON SPRINGS RD, from Dry Creek Rd to Healdsburg Ave, (Road ID 9903, from postmile 10.00 to 12.67)
- MILL STATION RD, from Occidental Rd to Highway 116 (Road ID 79007, from postmile 10.87 to 13.03)
- WATERTROUGH RD, from Pleasant Hill Rd to Bodega Hwy (Road ID 6905, from postmile 10.00 to 11.72)
- ADOBE RD, from East Washington St to Frates Rd (Road ID 5602, from postmile 14.47 to 16.26)
- D ST, from End of Overlay to Petaluma City Limit (Road ID 4701, from postmile 12.24 to 13.03)
- NAPA RD, from Eighth Street East to Highway 12/121 (Road ID 5503B, from postmile 11.89 to 13.92)
- OLD REDWOOD HWY, from Windsor City Limit to Healdsburg City Limit (Road ID 7812, from postmile 18.83 to 20.78)
- PORTER CREEK RD, from Northeast of Bridge (20C0119) to End of Overlay (Road ID 8801B, from postmile 17.38 to 18.83)
- ADOBE RD, from Corona Rd to East Washington St (Road ID 5602, from postmile 12.19 to 13.97)
- LAKEVILLE RD, from Highway 37 to south end of Old Lakeville Rd 2 (Road ID 3601, from postmile 11.34 to 14.99)
- MARK WEST SPRINGS RD, from Ursuline Rd to End Improved Road (Road ID 8801A, from postmile 10.61 to 14.20)
- OCCIDENTAL RD, from Highway 116 to Santa Rosa City Limit (Road ID 7803, from postmile 16.68 to 21.09)
- PETALUMA BLVD N, from Petaluma City Limits to Bridge at Petaluma River (Road ID 5712A, from postmile 11.09 to 12.21)
- RIVER RD, from Hacienda Bridge to Trenton Road (Road ID 8802B, from postmile 15.39 to 20.54)