Published: January 23, 2017
Over the weekend, all our crews were busy responding to
damage caused by the storms. We responded to flooding, patched potholes, and
cleared debris, slides, and down trees.
Road Maintenance Projects
- Our crews will be fixing potholes, checking
roads, and cleaning up debris in various locations.
- When the weather improves, the Bridge crew will
be repairing a viaduct on Sonoma Mountain Road between Bennett Valley Road and
- The Culvert crew will fix a washout on
- The Traffic crew will repair signs in various
locations. All three crews also will be helping various road crews as needed.
- All paving for the summer program is complete. Remaining work
includes shoulder backing, guard rail construction, raising utility covers,
survey monument construction, and striping.
- Highway 12 Improvements, between Agua Caliente Road to Boyes
Boulevard: final construction activities
- Construction of the Healdsburg Intermodal Facility: final
- Intersection Improvements at Adobe Road and East Washington
Street: traffic signal construction, and striping layout and installation
Plan Your Commute
With the debris and the
damage caused by slides we appreciate everyone’s patience with our crews and
contractors. They are working around the clock to keep roads open and safe. Single
lane traffic control and minor delays are expected, particularly on Ida Clayton, Geyser Road, Stewarts Point Skaggs
Springs, and Hot Springs.
Several roads around the
county are closed due to flooding. Please obey all road closures and do not
drive in flood waters. A foot of water or less can carry away a car, and the
road conditions under the water are unknown. Visit http://roadconditions.sonoma-county.org/
for a full list of unincorporated Road Closures.
lane is closed on Sonoma Mountain Road with stop signs until
permanent repairs can be made to the viaduct. Sonoma Mountain
Road will be closed Monday through Friday 9am – 2pm, but
otherwise open to one-lane traffic.