The members of the Sonoma County Independent Citizen Advisory Committee on Pension Matters (“Committee” hereinafter), an entity established pursuant to authorization by the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors on September 22nd, 2015, hereby adopts the following as its By-laws:
The following Committee Officers shall be elected by majority vote of the respective governing body. Such elections shall be held at the first meeting to be conducted on October 2nd, 2015, at the County of Sonoma Administration Building, located at 575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa, CA 95403. Terms of office shall begin with the first action following the election. Special elections can also be called as necessary by a majority vote of the Committee.
- Chair of the Committee: The Chair of the Committee shall preside over meetings, set and prepare the agenda in consultation with Committee staff, and ensure that the Committee’s meetings comply with the requirements of the Ralph M. Brown Act (Government Code Section 54950, et seq.). The Chair shall determine the format of the agenda and sequence of agenda items. The Chair may designate his/her authority to act to another person.
- Vice-Chair of the Committee: The Vice-Chair of the Committee shall perform duties of the Chair of the Committee in the Chair’s absences, or as otherwise designated by the Chair. The Vice Chair may designate his/her authority to act to another person.
- Chair Pro-tem: The Chair Pro-tem of the Committee shall perform the duties of the Chair of the Committee in the event that both the Chair and Vice Chair are absent. The Chair Pro-tem may designate his/her authority to act to another person.
Conduct of Meetings
Meetings of the Committee shall be conducted in an orderly fashion and the Committee may refer to “Robert’s Rules of Order” for assistance in devising procedures to ensure orderly conduct. Four of the seven Committee Members must be present at any given meeting to constitute a quorum, and at least four members must vote yes for an action of the committee to pass, regardless of whether there are four, five, six, or seven members present. Meetings will be conducted in compliance with the requirements of the Ralph M. Brown Act (Government Code Section 54950, et seq.).
Date, Time, and Location of Regular meetings
The Committee shall hold its regular meetings as follows (to be added in the course of discussion in the first meeting)
- Document Retention Schedule: The Committee shall adopt a document retention schedule consistent with applicable law, and shall review and update the schedule periodically, as deemed necessary. Such schedule shall be developed for approval at the Committee’s second regular meeting and is incorporated by reference into these by-laws.
- Conflict of Interest Code: The Committee shall adopt a conflict of interest code and shall review and update the code periodically, as deemed necessary. The conflict of interest code shall be developed for approval at the Committee’s second regular meeting and is incorporated by reference into these by-laws.
- Amendments: These By-laws may be revised or otherwise amended by majority vote of this Committee in any regular or special meeting.