What & Why?
A one-quarter mile section of Green Valley Road serves as an on-street connection to the West County Trail, located in the unincorporated area of Sonoma County. There is no separated pathway on Green Valley Road for bicyclists and pedestrians to use. This proposed project will increase safety and improve trail user experience by developing a separated, Class 1 pathway on Green Valley Road.
The next steps for this project are to:
- Secure funding to start the preliminary engineering that will help determine the location of the separated path and if additional right of way is needed.
- Acquire public right of way as needed.
- Complete the environmental work and host public meetings to solicit public input.
- Obtain funding for construction.
- Prepare improvement plans and specifications.
- Secure permits.
- Publicly bid the project.