A Transportation Permit Application can be only submitted via email.*
Once the Transportation Permit Application is approved and paid, Permit Sonoma staff will email the permit to the applicants.
- Please review the special provisions and related materials when filling out your application.
ENC-003 Transportation Permit Application (PDF: 137 kB)
- Applications are required to be submitted as one merged PDF file. View instructions
- Send application via email to: PermitSonoma-Transportation@sonoma-county.org
After receiving your application, Permit Sonoma staff will review your application for the following:
- Confirm application completeness.
- Evaluate application to determine load weight class & dimensions.
- Review route to determine whether any rerouting is necessary. Rerouting may be required if there are any conflicts with structures, events, or anticipated traffic.
- Evaluate route to determine if pilots and/or a CHP escort are required.
You must wait until the permit has been issued and you have received a record number (beginning with "TRN"). You will need your record number to make your payment.
Once you receive the application invoice, please visit Permits Online and:
- Select ‘Pay Fees’ on the home page.
- Enter the Record Number and select ‘Search’.
- Select the ‘Payments’ Tab at the top and then ‘Pay Fee’ on the right side of the invoice line.
- Follow the instructions from there.
Please email PermitSonoma-Transportation@sonoma-county.org to notify us that you have paid. Be sure to include the Record Number in the email.
*Transportation permits are available via email as part of Permit Sonoma's Virtual Office during COVID-19. More About Virtual Office