A Transportation Permit Application (below) can be submitted in one of three ways:
- Fax at: (707) 565-3313
- Mail at:
2550 Ventura Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA
- In person at Permit Sonoma's Permit Center
After receiving your application, Permit Sonoma staff will review your application for the following:
- Confirm application completeness.
- Evaluate application to determine load weight class & dimensions.
- Review route to determine whether any rerouting is necessary. Rerouting may be required if there are any conflicts with structures, events, or anticipated traffic.
- Evaluate route to determine if pilots and/or a CHP escort are required.
Once the Transportation Permit Application is approved and paid, Permit Sonoma staff fax a copy of the permit to the applicants.
Please review the special provisions and related materials below when filling out your application.
ENC-003 Transportation Permit Application (PDF: 137 kB)
You must wait until the permit has been issued and you have received a record number (beginning with "TRN"). You will need your record number to make your payment.
You may pay the permit fees in one of two ways:
- Pay online via Permits Online. Select "Pay Fees" and then enter the Record Number in the search.
- Call the Permit Sonoma Cashier at (707) 565-3944.