An zoning permit must be obtained from the Planning Division for special events which do not conform to a property's zoning or permitted usage.
Special Events are allowed with a zoning permit in the following zoning districts: AR, AS, C0, C1, C2, C3, DA, K, LC, LEA, LIA, M1, M2, M3, MP, PC, R1, R2, R3, RR, RRD, RRDWA, and TP. Special Events are not allowed at vacation rentals unless a use permit has been approved.
A zoning permit is required for events that have any one or more of the following characteristics:
- Live amplified music
- An admission fee
- More than one-day event or a one-day event beyond the hours of 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Overnight sleeping accommodations
- An event occurring more than once in a 30-day period
- Publicized to the public at large through printed advertisements, newspaper, radio or television
- Sale of food or beverage
The following do not require a zoning permit:
- Events conducted entirely within dedicated rights-of-way where encroachment/special event permits are obtained from the County or State.
Special Event Encroachment Permit (PDF: 87 kB)
- Events entirely within a building for which all necessary County permits have been obtained and which allow the particular use.
- Events at fairgrounds or outdoor spectator facilities where a use permit has already been obtained.
More Special Event Zoning Permit Information