Sonoma County envisions a housing market in Sonoma County that:
- is in balance;
- is resilient and climate smart at the regional, neighborhood, and homeowner scale;
- is affordable to area workers and the most vulnerable;
- provides equal and fair access to communities of color and other historically disadvantaged groups;
- respects designated community separators and urban growth boundaries;
- has a diversity of homes located near transit, jobs, and services; and
- where the economy is vital.
To achieve this vision, the County is going to embrace a new regional approach to produce 30,000 new housing units by 2023.