How to Submit Planning Applications Electronically
Customers now have the option to submit planning applications electronically. Because our online permitting portal is not yet configured for Planning application submissions, the process will take place by email.
Planning Application Options:
1. Ensure you have a complete application.
- Review the Planning Instructions and Forms section for the required application materials for each type of permit.
- All planning applications require the following forms:
- PJR-001 Planning Application (PDF)
- PJR-011 Indemnification Agreement (PDF)
- If you need assistance determining which forms and materials are required, please send us an email at: PlanningApplications@sonoma-county.org
2. Upload complete applications.
- Applications are required to be submitted as one merged PDF file. View instructions
- All uploaded files should be named with the following convention:
- Go to SoCo Cloud to upload complete applications.
- Email PlanningApplications@sonoma-county.org to notify us that you have uploaded your application. Include a brief description of the application type (Example: Zoning Permit for a Home Occupation).
- If the application is determined to be complete for submission, you will receive an email with an invoice for the required application fees.
- If the application is incomplete for submission, you will be notified of the required revisions or missing materials.
If you do not receive a response within two (2) business days, please email PlanningApplications@sonoma-county.org
3. Pay for the application online.
- An application will be considered accepted upon receipt of payment.
- Once you receive the application invoice, please visit our online permitting website and select ‘Pay Fees’ on the home page. Enter the Record Number and click ‘Search’. Select the ‘Payments’ Tab at the top and then ‘Pay Fee’ on the right side of the invoice line. Follow the instructions from there.
- Please email PlanningApplications@sonoma-county.org to notify us that you have paid.
- Within three (3) business days of payment, you will receive an email with your assigned planner’s contact information.
Electronic Planning Applications
Sonoma County Cannabis Program
Accessory Units & Junior Units
Try this new online tool to help estimate the costs, returns, and benefits associated with building an ADU.
Obtain a Vacation Rental or Hosted Rental permit.
Procedure for applying electronically for a vacation rental or hosted rental permit.
Submit a complaint about a Vacation Rental.
Become certified as a Property Manager for a Vacation Rental property.