It is our goal to completely review your plans for code compliance and have your permit ready to issue as quickly as possible. Below are tips for our customers to help us speed up the permit process:
- The most important factor in shortening plan review time is the completeness of your plans.
- Review local zoning and building code regulations.
- Check for any land use conditions that may apply to your parcel.
- Make sure we know who we should contact about the plan review (owner, contractor, designer, etc) and how best to contact that person(phone, e-mail, etc).
- Respond to staff’s permit review comments in a timely manner.
- Consider a pre-application meeting.
- Round robin – bring in your draft plans and visit the different cubes to get initial feedback.
- If you are a business, ensure that you have good quality control and quality assurance for your applications. Take the time to have internal review of applications before you submit them to Permit Sonoma.
Go Back to Listing Page