Published: March 16, 2021
The State has moved Sonoma County to the “Red Tier,” relaxing several COVID-19 restrictions. In response, Permit Sonoma will
physically reopen our Permit Center to the public 20 hours per week, starting Wednesday, March 17, 2021. Please be mindful that our digital tools and email remain the most efficient way to have your permit processed or reach staff.
This last year has changed many things, including our lobby. Due
to the health order:
- Customers and staff must wear a mask.
- Customers cannot exchange paper with staff.
- There is no customer seating or waiting inside the Permit Center.
- Our occupancy will be limited.
The Permit Center will have staff available to assist you with your electronic permit processing from:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday:
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
We continue to encourage the use of our digital tools. Our
online permitting services remain the best way to have your permit processed and
email is the best way to contact staff. Records requests and vacation rental
questions will not be processed in person and still need to be submitted
You can also reach a staff member by phone. Please call
(707) 565-1900 and press 0 to speak to the operator who will direct you to the correct person or division. Services will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the staff member you are trying to reach is unavailable, you can leave a voicemail that will be returned within 48-72
More COVID-19 Information
You can find local COVID-19 information and resources by visiting the
SoCoEmergency.org website. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to your business!