Timber Cove is a low density subdivision established in the early and middle 1960s that remains partially undeveloped. Most of the subdivision is heavily forested. The homes have subdued exterior colors, indigenous landscaping, and are generally well-screened behind trees and landforms.
Jenner was originally a second home development platted in 1914. The town has grown slowly and new development is constrained by restrictions on water system connections and the limited area for septic systems on the small lots. Most homes are of one and two-story conventional construction with large windows overlooking the river and ocean, some with terraced gardens. Roofs are pitched and exteriors are painted wood except at the north end of town where some newer homes are unpainted with flat roofs. Roads are narrow and steep with no curbs, gutters, or sidewalks.
Duncans Mills, a County Historic District, was a railroad depot and commercial center established in the 1880s. The western false front commercial buildings have been preserved, and several new buildings of similar design have been constructed to serve the community and visitors. Commercial uses have been developed by private interests that continue to build in the old west theme.
Sereno Del Mar
Sereno Del Mar, platted between 1970 and 1972, is a residential subdivision north of Bodega Bay. More than one-half of the 173 lots have been developed. Homes are large on large lots and are generally one to one and one-half stories high due to a 16 foot height limitation.
Carmet is a residential subdivision of 60 lots developed in the late 1940s. Density is approximately four units per acre with homes set squarely on the gently sloping lots east of State Highway 1. Homes are generally one-story with flat gravel roofs and painted wood exteriors. Landscaping is suburban with lawns, flowers, and a few trees.
Salmon Creek is a compact subdivision developed in the 1920s and 1930s. Although vacation home use still predominates, many of the dwellings house full time occupants. Homes generally have painted wood exteriors and gable roofs.
Valley Ford received its name from the old Indian and Spanish ford across the Estero Americano. This small, historic community has evolved over the years and has no distinct architectural theme. Styles include Greek Revival, Queen Anne, Western Falsefront, Italianate, and bungalow. Many of the existing buildings date to the 1870s and 1880s.
Stewarts Point was founded in 1857 at Fisherman's Bay by A.L. Fisk, who established a store and hotel. The community contains simple early Greek Revival buildings, including a store, hotel, one room school, and series of barns and out-buildings, which together illustrate a strong sense of a 19th century coastal town.
Rancho del Paradiso
Located along the south side of the Russian River, Rancho del Paradiso is a development on small lots platted in the 1930s.
Bridgehaven Resort is located on the south bank of the Russian River near the junction of State Highways 1 and 116, and is visible from Vista Points on State Highway 1. Dating from the 1930s, the resort includes summer cabins, a store and café, and a trailer park with permanent residents. The campground is no longer in use, and the trailer park is not screened from view.