Permit and Resource Management Department Banner

Make a Code Compliance Complaint

Complaint Process

Important: Do not put yourself in harm's way when making a complaint. Call 911 if you feel your safety is in jeopardy or there is an emergency.

Abandoned or Non-Operable Vehicles

Abandoned Vehicle Abatement

Vacation Rentals and Hosted Rentals

Submit a Vacation Rental Complaint

Building, Zoning, Cannabis, and Safety

Code Enforcement investigates all valid complaints in an order determined by greatest health and safety risk. Complaints alleging hazardous conditions are investigated first.

We do not accept anonymous complaints. You may request your name and contact information be kept confidential. (Which will not be disclosed unless court ordered by a judge.)

To make a code violation complaint regarding suspected building, zoning, cannabis, grading, or well & septic issues:

  1. Check the Jurisdiction lists to ensure it's a matter that Code Enforcement investigates.
  2. Check that there isn't already an open violation similar to your complaint. Use our Permit History Lookup to search by a property's address or by parcel number. If there already is a similar violation on file, we are aware of the problem. Please do not submit a new complaint.
  3. Report the problem with SoCo Report It and select "Code Compliance." Please provide a detailed description of the alleged violation and/or the health or safety hazard you perceive.

    Submit a Code Compliance Complaint

Video Instructions for Submitting Complaints

Contact Information

2550 Ventura Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
38.465074, -122.723705

SoCo Report It

Submit a Service Request

Report it App

Report and track non-emergency issues in unincorporated areas of Sonoma County.