ActiveMap Viewer Guidelines
Use these guidelines to help you view the maps available on the Map Viewers page.
On this page:
Go Back to ActiveMap Viewer Collection
Performing a Search – Locate a Parcel Using APN or Address
There are two primary ways to identify a parcel or area of interest. You can Search by Address or by APN:
Enter an Address or APN & select the magnifying glass icon:
- Search by Building Address requires Street #, Street Name, City or Zip code (e.g. 15000 Hwy 1, Valley Ford or 15000 Hwy 1, 94972)
- Search by Street Range does not require City or Zip code (e.g. 15000 Hwy 1). The search result will place a marker on the street centerline. This method of address search allows greater flexibility when City or Zip code is unknown.
The map viewer will zoom-in & center the map on selected parcel. The selected parcel’s profile panel will automatically open. Close using X in upper-right corner.
To unselect parcel, select the "X":
There are several ways to interact with the map:
- Zoom – Roll mouse roller to zoom in/out.
- Pan – Click & hold the left mouse button on the map & drag the map to area of interest. The map will re-center.
Lists only those layers on & viewable at current view.
Lists all map layers available to toggle on/off. A layer may be toggled on, but will not be viewable until zoomed in.
Switching Between Basemaps
The Basemap Gallery provides access to several basemaps, giving background reference information necessary to orient the location of a map. Such reference information can be roads, landmarks, building outlines, political boundaries, etc.
Select from any of the following basemaps:
Zoning & Acreage Query Tool
The Zoning & Acreage Query Tool assists in finding parcels of a specific zoning designation &/or specified acreage.
- Select the Zoning & Acreage Query Tool icon:
- Enter Query Criteria
- Under “Zoning designation is”, enter a SINGLE zoning designation value such as M1, M2, M3. Or leave blank to return all records matching acreage minimum & maximum entered below.
- Under “Acreage is between”, enter minimum & maximum acreage values. Or leave blank to return all records matching SINGLE zoning designation value entered above.
- Select Apply
Under Results, a list of parcels matching entered query criteria as well as parcel count will be displayed.
When selecting a parcel listed, the map will re-center.
- To export parcel list, including information:
- Select dot-dot-dot & select "View in Attribute Table". The query results Attribute Table will automatically open.
- Select Export all to CSV
Note: CSV file can be viewed in Excel & saved as an Excel (.xls/.xlsx) file.
- To clear query results, select dot-dot-dot & select “Remove this result”. Note: When opening the query results Attribute Table, the Parcel Attribute Table opens automatically.
- Select Close Attribute Table ( ) located in middle-bottom of viewer.
2550 Ventura Avenue
ActiveMap Viewer Collection
Access location-based information pertaining to a specific subject and/or area within unincorporated Sonoma County.
Fire Rebuild Operations