Mark West Citizens Advisory Council Meeting
September 8, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- Call to Order:
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of MWCAC August 11, 2021 Minutes: ACTION ITEM
- Presentations: Information only, unless stated
To proceed as follows: 1. Presentation 2. Council Member Questions 3. Public Questions
1. Presentation on the Marcus West Family Cemetery Project, Carol Eber
2. Follow up on NIFP Application, MW Estates, Robert Torre? ACTION ITEM
- Council Member Announcements/Information/Discussions/Disclosures: Information only, unless stated
1. Continuation of Road Diet Discussion: Jen Mendoza will provide a date for the traffic calming “walk-a-bout”
2. Continuation of Discussion about the turn lane at Somers Rd. / Report on results of Somers Rd. survey
3. Need a location for MWCAC meetings for two separate dates, or host Zoom-only meetings.
- Presentations of Referrals from Permit Sonoma: ACTION ITEM
Consideration of proposed projects will proceed as follows: 1. Presentation by project applicant 2. Questions by Councilmembers 3. Questions and comments from the public 4. Response by applicant, if required 5. Comments by Council members 6. Resolution, ACTION, if indicated. None
- Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items:
This time is set aside to receive comments from the public regarding matters of general interest not on the agenda but related to MWCAC business. Pursuant to the Brown Act, the MWCAC cannot consider any issues or act on any requests during this comment period. Each person is usually granted 3 minutes to speak; time limitations are at the discretion of the Chair.
- Subcommittee Reports & Discussions: ACTION ITEM
1. Neighborhood Improvement Funding Program (NIFP) Subcommittee (Berg/Lescure)
2. Rebuild/Fire Mitigation Subcommittee (Sherwood/Fies)
3. Community Services District (CSD) Subcommittee (Sherwood/Lamberson)
4. Wikiup Open Space (Lamberson/Berg)
5. Sonoma County General Plan for Mark West Area (Lescure/Lamberson)
- Pending Items: Updates when available.
1. Utilities & Water
2. “HAWK” light in front of Larkfield Shopping Center
3. List of unmet needs projects for Larkfield/Mark West/Wikiup (Presentation: Sherwood/Lamberson)
- Correspondence: Information only, unless stated
- Future Agenda Items: Potential projects & suggestions for future MWCAC meetings:
1. Possibility of an update on the COPE program in Wikiup (TBD).
2. Chamber presentation (TBD)
3. Possible speaker on home hardening and vegetation management (TBD) Lisa Hullett
4. How about a community clean up? Maybe partnership with the Chamber.
5. NIFP Application Presentation, Mark West Village, landscaping along Mark West Springs Road, east of 101, opposite the Sutter Hospital Complex (TBD)
- Adjournment: ACTION ITEM
Council meetings are held monthly as noticed in SB 343; specifically, the second Monday of the month at 6:00 PM at the Mark West School District Office, The Learning Center, 305 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
Documents related to open sessions agendas:
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Mark West Citizens Advisory Council regarding any item on this agenda after the posting of this agenda and not otherwise exempt from disclosure, will be made available for public review at 575 Administration Drive Room 100-A, Santa Rosa, CA, during normal business hours.
The Mark West Citizens Advisory Council will make reasonable accommodations for persons having special needs due to disabilities. Please contact the Mark West Citizens Advisory Council at (707) 565-2865 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting; to ensure the necessary accommodations are made.
Mark West Citizens Advisory Council
Board of Supervisors Office
575 Administration Drive
County of Sonoma Boards, Commissions and Committees