A) Call to Order:
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of MWCAC September 8, 2021 Minutes: ACTION ITEM
B) Presentations: ACTION ITEMS
To proceed as follows: 1. Presentation 2. Council Member Questions 3. Public Questions
1. Presentation from Carol Eber seeking Council Input on MW Burying site
2. Update on Redistricting, Mike Martini, Redistricting Commission
3. Potential Koi Casino: MWCAC Position
C) Presentations of Referrals from Permit Sonoma: ACTION ITEM
Consideration of proposed projects will proceed as follows: 1. Presentation by project applicant 2. Questions by
Councilmembers 3. Questions and comments from the public 4. Response by applicant, if required 5. Comments by
Council members 6. Resolution, ACTION, if indicated.
1. File Number: ZCE19-0007, 5390 Old Redwood Hwy., Santa Rosa
Project Description: Commercial zone change from C2 (Retail and Business services) to C3 (General Commercial) to
accommodate any future new development. Owner Representative, Phil Wright, Realtor/Broker
D) Council Member Announcements/Information/Discussions/Disclosures: Information only, unless stated
1. Continuation of Road Diet Discussion: Jen Mendoza will provide a date for the traffic calming “walk-a-bout”
2. Continuation of Discussion about the turn lane at Somers Rd. / Report on results of Somers Rd. survey
3. Need a location for MWCAC meeting for February 2022. or host Zoom-only meeting.
4. Announcement: Zoom meetings Through December 2021
E) Subcommittee Reports & Discussions: ACTION ITEM
1. Neighborhood Improvement Funding Program (NIFP) Subcommittee (Berg/Lescure)
2. Rebuild/Fire Mitigation Subcommittee (Sherwood/Fies)
3. Community Services District (CSD) Subcommittee (Sherwood/Lamberson)
4. Wikiup Open Space (Lamberson/Berg) Approve expenditure for signage around the grounds that direct residents
to the MWCAC website for updates and more information “What’s Happening With the Former Wikiup Golf Course?”
5. Sonoma County General Plan for Mark West Area (Lescure/Lamberson)
F) Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items:
This time is set aside to receive comments from the public regarding matters of general interest not on the agenda but related to MWCAC business. Pursuant to the Brown Act, the MWCAC cannot consider any issues or act on any
requests during this comment period. Each person is usually granted 3 minutes to speak; time limitations are at the
discretion of the Chair.
G) Pending Items: Updates when available.
1. Utilities & Water
2. “HAWK” light in front of Larkfield Shopping Center
H) Correspondence: Information only, unless stated
I) Future Agenda Items: Potential projects & suggestions for future MWCAC meetings:
1. Possibility of an update on the COPE program in Wikiup (TBD).
2. Chamber presentation (TBD)
3. Possible speaker on home hardening and vegetation management (TBD)
4. How about a community clean up? Maybe partnership with the Chamber.
5. NIFP Application Presentation, Mark West Village, landscaping along Mark West Springs Road, east
of 101, opposite the Sutter Hospital Complex (TBD)
6. List of unmet needs projects for Larkfield/Mark West/Wikiup (Presentation: Sherwood/Lamberson)
J) Adjournment: ACTION ITEM
MWCAC MEETINGS: 6:00 PM—SECOND WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH
Zoom Meetings until further notice