HSD Banner

Need Help?

Do you know a child who needs help?

There’s help for children who are at risk of abuse or neglect. Family, Youth and Children’s Services provide services to help families thrive or, if needed, provide temporary care for children at Valley of the Moon Children’s Home or with a foster family. Older foster children can also get help with job training, transportation, and housing. Call (707) 565-4304 anytime if you know or suspect a child is being neglected or abused.

Read more 

Do you know an elder or dependent adult that needs help?

Keeping seniors and dependent adults safe and healthy is important to us. Adult Protective Services (APS) responds to reports of elder abuse and neglect. Call (800) 667-0404 anytime, 24 hours a day, if you know or suspect an older or dependent adult is being abused.

Read more

Seniors, veterans and people with disabilities

Seniors, veterans and people with disabilities – along with those who care for them – can feel stressed by the demands of everyday life. If you know someone who needs help staying healthy and independent, call us. Programs like Linkages, In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) and Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) can offer support for people whose well-being may be at risk. Call (707) 565-5900.

Read more 

Do you need health insurance?

If your income is low or if you are uninsured, we may be able to help you get medical, dental, emergency services, and medication through Medi-Cal, the County Medical Services Program or the Path2Health program. (707) 565-2715.

Read more 

Do you have little or no income?

Whether you need temporary help with the basics like food, shelter and medical care, or you want to create a better future for yourself and your family, we can help. Through the SonomaWORKS program and General Assistance, you may qualify for cash assistance or CalFresh (Food Stamps), help with child care, transportation, legal aid, or help getting a job. (707) 565-2715 or 800-331-2278.

Read more

Do you need a job?

Getting and keeping a job can be easier with support from Human Services. We’ve helped many people get jobs and become more self-sufficient and independent. Job Link can match job seekers with employers, provide job listings, job training, employment counseling and job-search workshops. (707) 565-5550 or read more at Job Link or Employment and Training 

Have you or a family member served in the military?

The Veterans Service Office can help people in the military, veterans, and their families apply for benefits. These may include health care, education and job training, service-connected disability compensation, disability pension, life insurance and death benefits. Dependents of veterans with any disability can also apply for tuition fee waivers to attend a California public college or university. (707) 565-5960.

Contact Information

Human Services Department
County of Sonoma
Business Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Contact us by Phone
3600 Westwind Boulevard
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
38.508155, -122.795028
Mailing Address
PO Box 1539
Santa Rosa, CA 95402