Economic Assistance Division

Many low-income individuals and families with children, disabled or unemployed persons, children in foster homes and former foster youth can apply for benefits:

During the pandemic, building lobbies are open to the public for restricted access and hours. Clients and staff must wear masks or face coverings, and maintain six-feet of social distancing. Hours at both 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa, and South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma: 8 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to keep our communities safe.

    Read about changes in benefits on the Human Services Department Home Page first. For additional information, please call 877-699-6868.

    Connect to Services from Home or Submit Documents


    • Report Changes
    • Apply for Benefits
    • Submit Reports & Documents

    • Apply for Covered California or Medi-Cal

    • Apply for CalFresh
    • Submit Reports & Documents


    Service Center: 877-699-6868

    • Report Changes
    • Request Replacement EBT Card
    • General Assistance Questions

    Fax: (707) 565-2929

    • Report Changes
    • Apply for Benefits 


    Economic Assistance, P.O. Box 1539, Santa Rosa, CA 95402

    • Report Changes
    • Apply for Benefits
    • Submit Reports & Documents

    Outdoor Office Drop Boxes

    • Economic Assistance, 2550 Paulin Drive, Santa Rosa
    • South County Center, 5350 Old Redwood Highway, Suite 100, Petaluma

    Contact Information

    Economic Assistance
    Human Services Department

    In-person Lobby Hours

    Monday – Friday
    8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

    Phone Hours
    Monday – Friday
    9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
    (Due to volume of calls, wait times may be extended)

    Contact us by Phone

    Santa Rosa

    2550 Paulin Drive

    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    38.465026, -122.721484
    Petaluma Office
    5350 Old Redwood Highway

    Suite 100

    Petaluma, CA 94954
    38.278495, -122.668033

    Drop off paperwork at any office or mail to:

    Economic Assistance

    P.O. Box 1539

    Santa Rosa, CA 95402


    Apply for Medi-Cal

    Medi-Cal Logo

    Sign up for low- and no-cost medical care


    Apply for CalFresh


    Add to your food budget (formerly Food Stamps)