- Veteran’s burial or memorial benefits
- Tax-free monthly support for parent, spouse or child of a veteran who died from a service-related injury or illness
- Tax-free monthly pension for surviving low-income spouse or child of a veteran with wartime service
- Education and training for surviving spouses and dependent children of veterans who are disabled or deceased
- Health care benefits for spouses, surviving spouses, dependent children or family caregiver
- Educational and career counseling
- Loans to build, buy, improve or refinance a home
- Financial counseling
- Disability benefits for Vietnam veteran’s children with certain birth defects
You may want to attend our Surviving Spouse Pension Seminar on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 2 – 4 p.m. Also called a Death Pension, this is a tax-free monetary benefit, payable to low-income, un-remarried, surviving spouses of a deceased wartime veteran.
You may want to read more about federal benefits families of veterans are eligible for at the Veterans Affairs website.