Santa Rosa, CA – February 11, 2020 – Harmful falls are the #1 reason older adults and seniors end up at the emergency room.
Don’t restrict your activities because of worries about falling on uneven ground or stairs -- learn how to protect yourself and stay safely on your feet. Attend a free, eight-class series based on the nationally acclaimed program, A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns about Falls.
Improve your balance, flexibility and strength and get helpful tips to make your home safer by working with Matter of Balance coaches.As one student who completed the course said, “I can tell I am stronger, especially when climbing stairs.”
To register for a class series near you, call Dana at (707) 565-5936 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 19–April 8, Wednesdays, 2:45–4:45 p.m., Rohnert Park Senior Center, 6800 Hunter Drive, Rohnert Park
- Feb. 21–April 10, Fridays, 1-3 p.m., PEP Acacia Lane, PEP Acacia Lane, Santa Rosa
- Feb. 24-Apr. 13, Mondays, 1-3 p.m., PEP Casa Grande, 400 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- March 4–April 22, Wednesdays,10 a.m.–noon, Vintage House, 264 First Street East, Sonoma
- May 6–June 24, Wednesdays, 2–4 p.m., Windsor Senior Center, 9231 Foxwood Drive, Windsor
Learn more about this year-round program on the Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging web page: sonomacounty.ca.gov/Human-Services/Adult-and-Aging/Area-Agency-on-Aging/Fall-Prevention-Classes/