Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP)
With support from the MSSP Care Management Team, frail seniors can remain in their own homes rather than move to a nursing home.
The program requires active involvement in care by the client or a committed support person or care provider, such as a family member or close friend. The client or caregiver must be able and willing to work with our staff in making decisions, arranging and/or monitoring home- and community-based services and care.
An MSSP social worker and a public health nurse determine the services clients need. The team regularly calls or visits clients at home to provide ongoing support, information and referrals to additional services and help with government and other agency programs and benefits. The team also helps arrange, coordinate and monitor recommended medical and community services.
Services MSSP may help arrange include:
- In-Home Supportive Services
- Home- delivered meals
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Minor home safety repairs
- Medical supplies/equipment
- A personal emergency response system
- Counseling to support emotional health
Who is Eligible for MSSP?
- Sonoma County resident
- 65 years of age or older
- Eligible for Medi-Cal
- Needs help with daily activities, such as bathing, the bathroom, walking, moving around at home or eating
- Is willing or able to work with the team on decision-making and accessing and managing services, or has a strong support person who can act for him or her
How to Apply to MSSP
The client or caregiver can complete and submit the online application, or call (707) 565-5970.
Please note: The number of clients MSSP can support is limited. There may be a waiting list to receive services.