With support from the MSSP Care Management Team, frail seniors can remain in their own homes rather than move to a nursing home.
The program requires active involvement in care by the client or a committed support person or care provider, such as a family member or close friend. The client or caregiver must be able and willing to work with our staff in making decisions, arranging and/or monitoring home- and community-based services and care.
An MSSP social worker and a public health nurse determine the services clients need. The team regularly calls or visits clients at home to provide ongoing support, information and referrals to additional services and help with government and other agency programs and benefits. The team also helps arrange, coordinate and monitor recommended medical and community services.
Services MSSP may help arrange include:
- In-Home Supportive Services
- Home- delivered meals
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Minor home safety repairs
- Medical supplies/equipment
- A personal emergency response system
- Counseling to support emotional health