Human Services Department

Human Services is the right place to start when you need support. 

Many helpful social services and programs are here for residents of all ages:

Alert! Human Services Telephone Scam

Scam Alert from the District Attorney's Office : Residents have been phoned by someone claiming to be an officer with Health & Human Services, and that the resident has received a grant, but must first pay a fee with a gift card to receive the grant. Sonoma County Human Services does not charge a fee for any application or access to benefits. If you have questions about benefits, contact (707) 565-5800.
  • Published on March 18, 2019

    Caregivers are invited to improve their skills by attending one of eight, free, LGBT+ Awareness Trainings through November hosted by the IHSS Public Authority, Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging, SAGECare and LGBTQ Connections. The free programs will train and certify 180 care providers about the needs of LGBT+ older adults and LGBT+ adults with disabilities. Santa Rosa, California.

  • Published on March 14, 2019

    Sonoma County employers from all industries can meet qualified job seekers at a free local job fair hosted by Sonoma County Job Link and the Workforce Investment Board (WIB). Both job seekers and employers can sign up to attend the Wednesday, April 17 job fair, held 11 a.m.–2p.m., at Job Link, 2227 Capricorn Way, Suite 100, Santa Rosa.

  • More Press Releases

Contact Information

Human Services Department
County of Sonoma
Business Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Contact us by Phone
3600 Westwind Boulevard
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
38.508155, -122.795028
Mailing Address
PO Box 1539
Santa Rosa, CA 95402

Visit HSD in Petaluma

Human Services South County Center

5350 Old Redwood Highway

HSD Logo

Call for an appointment (707) 565-5511


Call or search online for countywide services

2-1-1 Resource Line logo

Dial 2-1-1 or (707) 565-2108

Report Abuse

Child abuse or neglect, (707) 565-4304 or (800) 870-7064

Adult abuse, neglect or exploitation, (800) 667-0404

Welfare fraud, (707) 565-8530 or (800) 344-8477

Civil rights violations, (707) 565-5855

SB 272

Senate Bill 272 requires local agencies publish a list of systems that serve as original sources of data within an agency.

Read more