How can I become a Junior Commissioner?
Each spring 15 to 20 youth are selected to serve as Junior Commissioners for a nine-month term that runs concurrent with the school year.
The applications for the August 2021 to May 2022 term are due by Saturday, May 22, 2021.
Apply here (Google Docs)
Why should I become a Junior Commissioner?
- It will provide you the opportunity to participate in advocacy and take an active role in County Government
- It will create opportunities for you to develop communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- It will allow you insight into human rights issues impacting the lives of you and your peers.
- It will offer you a chance to make a positive change in your community
- It will help you develop leadership skills and strengthen self-esteem
Commission on Human Rights
County of Sonoma
Sonoma County Administration Building
575 Administration Drive
Junior Commissioner Applications