Cancelled: Commission on Human Rights Meeting
August 28, 2019 at 5:30 PM
Healdsburg Regional Library
Agendas and Materials
Agendas and Materials: Agendas and most supporting materials are available on the Commission’s website.
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 575 Administration Drive, Suite 116B, Santa Rosa, CA.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, an alternative format, or requires another person to assist you while attending this meeting please contact:
Commission Office, (707) 565-2693 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure arrangements for accommodation.
Commitment to Civil Engagement
All are encouraged to engage in respectful dialog that supports freedom of speech and values diversity of opinion. Commissioners, Staff, and the public are encouraged to:
- Create an atmosphere of respect and civility where Commissioners, County Staff, and the Public are free to express their ideas within the time and content parameters established by the Brown Act and CHR’s standard Parliamentary procedures (Robert’s Rules of Order);
- Establish and maintain a cordial and respectful atmosphere during discussions;
- Foster meaningful dialogue free of attacks of a personal nature and/or attacks based on age, (dis)ability, class, education level, gender, gender identity, occupation, race and/or ethnicity, sexual orientation;
- Listen with an open mind to all information, including dissenting points of view, regarding issues presented to the Commission;
- Recognize it is sometimes difficult to speak at meetings, and out of respect for each person's perspective, allow speakers to have their say without comment or body gestures, including booing, whistling or clapping;
Public Comment at Commission Meetings
Members of the public are free to address the Commission. Public comments:
- On items not on the agenda are heard following the consent items at the beginning of the meeting.
- Should fall under the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission (as noted in the founding documents).
- Are limited to 3 minutes per topic; time limitations are at the discretion of the Chair. If several individuals wish to address one topic, the time will be divided between/among speakers
Commission members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and generally may only listen.
Commission on Human Rights
County of Sonoma
Sonoma County Administration Building
575 Administration Drive
United Nations Declaration & Conventions