The county’s homeless system of care’s primary collective-impact decision-making group will be called the Homeless System of Care Leadership Council. This body will serve as the county’s Continuum of Care Board, a HUD requirement. The CoC Program interim rule requires every CoC to establish a board to act on behalf of the Continuum. The board will be a subset of the membership that is established in accordance with the CoC regulations governing board composition. The CoC assigns the Board responsibilities in a written agreement called a Governance Charter.
Board of Supervisors, Item #27 October 9, 2018 Homeless Update and System Redesign
The Leadership Council's responsibilities are to:
- Serve as Sonoma County’s HUD-required Continuum of Care Board
- Support the vision and principles of the Sonoma County Homeless System of Care
- Own the issue of homelessness within the county and be widely recognized as the owner of the issue
- Provide the leadership required to realign homelessness-related funding and policies throughout the county
- Establish a Housing First strategy
- Approve best practices and monitor their adherence
- Represent by rural and urban communities
- Approve and monitor standard performance outcomes
- Establish policy related to achieving functional zero homelessness in Sonoma County
- Focus on high-level decisions, not technical aspects of issues related to homelessness
- Approve the submission of applications to Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs) published by HUD
- Establish Sonoma County’s homelessness funding priorities and make funding-related decisions.
The Leadership Council members will serve a two-year term with no term limits.
Need more information? Contact us via email at email@example.com.