• Teens collage

Health Resources for Teens

Compiled by Sonoma County Teen Health Advocacy Committee (THAC); updated June 2011.

  • Most services are free or low-cost.
  • School counselors, clergy and health practitioners may be able to provide additional resources and support.
  • To access Kaiser services, you must be a member.

24 Hour Hotlines/Emergency

Alcohol or Drug Overdose911
HIV/AIDS Help Line1-800-232-4636
HIV Night-line (5pm-5am 7 days/week)1-800-273-2437
Psychiatric Emergency Services (includes suicide)1-800-746-8181
Social Advocates for Youth Crisis Center1-800-544-3299
Anonymous reporting weapon threats at school1-866-SPEAK-UP
Verity (formerly United Against Sexual Assault)545-RAPE (7273)
YWCA Domestic Violence Hotline546-1234

Emergency Shelters/Drop-in and Teen Centers

Abraxis Transition Program (Mon-Fri, noon-8pm)(707) 568-4415
The Coffee House Shelter(707) 546-3432
VOICES Sonoma(707) 579-4327
CHOPS(707) 284-2467
Valley of the Moon Teen Center(707) 939-1452

To Report Child Abuse or Neglect

Prevent & Report Child Abuse

Child Protective Services(707) 565-4304


Mental health services are also available at many health centers.

CPI Children's Counseling Center/ Santa Rosa(707) 585-6108 x 227
Community Counseling Center/Rohnert Park(707) 664-4215
The Center for Social and Environmental Stewardship Windsor/Cloverdale(707) 838-6641 x 226
Elsie Allen High School Health Center(707) 528-5770
Family Service Agency(707) 545-4551
Forestville Teen Clinic(707) 887-0427
Kaiser Permanente/Santa Rosa(707) 571-3778
Petaluma People Services Center(707) 765-8488
Santa Rosa Junior College/Santa Rosa (for SRJC students)(707) 527-4445
Santa Rosa Junior College/Petaluma (for SRJC students)(707) 778-3919
Santa Rosa Memorial Hospice (grief services)(707) 568-1094
Social Advocates for Youth/Healdsburg(707) 431-7658
Social Advocates for Youth/Santa Rosa(707) 544-3299
Social Advocates for Youth/Sonoma(707) 996-7991
Sonoma County Indian Health(707) 521-4534
Sonoma County Mental Health(707) 565-6900
Sonoma County Adult & Youth Development
(Rohnert Park/Cotati youth)
(707) 793-9030 x105
Sonoma State University Community Counseling Center(707) 664-4215
Sutter VNA and Hospice (grief services)(707) 535-5780
Teen Counseling Project - West County high schools(707) 829-1250
Verity (formerly United Against Sexual Assault)(707) 545-7270 x14
West County Community Services(707) 829-5717

Alcohol, Drug & Tobacco Counseling

Al-A-Teen groups (alcoholic family situations)(707) 575-6760 x 1
Alcohol and Other Drug Services(707) 565-7450
California Smokers' Helpline (to quit tobacco)1-800-NO-BUTTS
Drug Abuse Alternatives Center (DAAC) Treatment & Needle Exchange(707) 544-3295
Kaiser Permanente Smoking cessation programs
Chemical dependency services
(707) 566-5277
(707) 571-3835

Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual & Transgender Youth Support Groups

Counseling for Queer/Questioning Youth(707) 579-4947
Gay-Straight Alliances(707) 579-4947
Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)1-866-350-2462
Positive Images 1 (866) PI-LGBTQ(707) 568-5830
Sonoma County Gay/Lesbian Info and Referral(707) 526-0442
Sonoma County Transclinic(707) 303-3600
Tamayo House (long-term housing)(707) 544-5446

Counseling for Issues with Food and Body

Counseling on Eating Disorders(707) 778-7849
Kaiser Permanente(707) 571-3778
Psych Strategies(707) 303-3246

Legal Assistance

California Rural Legal Assistance (for all Sonoma County)(707) 528-9941
Sonoma County Legal Aid(707) 542-1290
Sonoma County Legal Services Foundation(707) 546-2924
Victim Assistance Center(707) 565-8250
Sonoma County Department of Health Services Referral line
Referrals for pregnancy care, family planning, dental and other community resources.
Medi-Cal, Eligibility and Economic Assistance 1-877-699-6868 

Confidential Medical Services for Sexuality

Text "HOOKUP" to 61827 to get started; then CLINIC + ur zip code to find a clinic near u:

  • Birth control including condoms and emergency contraception
  • Pregnancy testing and counseling
  • STD testing including HIV

Parents don't have to be notified. Anything you say about sex, drugs, and feelings is confidential unless you tell us:

  • You are being abused
  • You are going to hurt yourself or someone else

T=Teens only; G=Guys clinic; D=Drop-in services; A=Abortion services provided

Alexander Valley Regional Medical Center/Cloverdale(707) 894-4229
Alliance Medical Center/Healdsburg and Windsor (D)(707) 433-5494
Alliance Medical Center Teen Clinic (T) (D)(707) 431-1170
Elsie Allen High School Health Center/Santa Rosa (T)
Open to Sonoma County students 12-18 years.
(707) 528-5770
Forestville Teen Clinic - West County Health Centers (T) (D)(707) 887-0427
Kaiser Permanente Teen Services (T) (A)
(707) 393-4033
Occidental Area Health Center(707) 874-2444
Petaluma Health Center (T) (D)(707) 559-7543/(707) 559-7500
Phoenix Teen Clinic/Petaluma (T) (D)(707) 217-3383/(707) 490-7298
Planned Parenthood/Santa Rosa(707) 527-7656
Russian River Health Center/Guerneville(707) 869-2849
Santa Rosa Junior Colleage Health Services(707) 527-4445
SRJC Health Services/Petaluma(707) 778-3919
Sebastopol Community Health Center(707) 824-9999
Sonoma County Indian Health Project/Santa Rosa(707) 521-4545
Sonoma State University Student Health Center664-2921
Sonoma Valley Community Health Center/Sonoma (T)(707) 939-6070
Santa Rosa Community Health Centers/Santa Rosa
Lombardi Clinic (T) (D) (G)
Vista Family Health Center (T) (A) (G)
(707) 547-2222
(707) 303-3600
Women's Health Specialists/Santa Rosa (A)(707) 537-1171

Emergency contraception (EC) is known as the morning-after pill. There are different brands available: Plan B, Next Choice and Ella. It can prevent pregnancy up to 5 days after unprotected sex. Be prepared, request EC from your clinic along with your regular birth control method.

EC is available at most clinics and some pharmacies.

EC is FREE for those with a prescription and an up-to-date Family PACT or Medi-Cal card. Women and men 17 years and older can obtain EC without a prescription. Cost will vary.

Support for Pregnant Teens and Teen Parents

Free Adoption Information & Services

Safely Surrendered Baby A parent who is unable or unwilling to care for their new baby can legally, confidentially, and safely give up their child within 3 days of birth. No name or other information must be given. The baby should be brought to a hospital emergency room. Toll-free telephone hotline number 1-877BABYSAF (1-877-222-9723)

Disclaimer: The Sonoma County Department of Health Services makes no assumption of quality and makes no warranties regarding providers appearing in this resource guide. This resource guide simply a public listing provided for consumer convenience, and is not a recommendation or endorsement by the Department.

Contact Information

Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health

Public Health Division

Department of Health Services

County of Sonoma

Contact us by Phone
Mail Address

Public Health Division

625 5th Street

Santa Rosa, CA 95404

Community Resources

Families smiling 188

For support finding everything from Housing to Diapers, check out these Community Resource websites:



Text4Baby logo

Get free messages each week on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby's first year.

MCAH Advisory Board

Maternal Child and Adolescent Health Advisory Board


Meets on the first Thursday of each month; the community is invited to attend.