C. trachomatis and N. gonorrhoeae can be ordered individually or together. Only one specimen is needed if both tests are requested.
Extra-genital (throat and rectal) testing available.
Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) by GeneXpert
87491 - CT
87591 - GC
- Urine, unpreserved, female & male: 7 ml minimum volume
- Female GeneXpert endocervical swab, provider collected
- Female GeneXpert vaginal swab, self-collected
- Throat (pharyngeal) swab
- Rectal swab
Only GeneXpert swabs will be tested. All others will be rejected. The laboratory will supply swabs upon request. Urine specimens less than 7 ml volume.
Store all specimens in the refrigerator (2-8°C).
- Prior to processing, unpreserved urine is stable at 2-8°C for up to 8 days.
- Preserved urine is stable at 2-8°C for up to 45 days.
- Swabs are stable at 2-8°C for up to 60 days.
Transport specimens on cold pack to the laboratory. Please submit specimens promptly to ensure ample time for processing during the specimen’s acceptable time frame.
Reports will be available in 1-4 days.
Results may be available on the same day if sample is received by noon. Contact lab for more information.
Monster Form (PDF: 108 Kb)