Our Access Team is the first contact to request mental health services, and can be reached at (707) 565-6900.
Our Mobile Support Team (MST) is a partnership with the the Santa Rosa Police Department and the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office. We provide field-based support to requesting law enforcement officers responding to a behavioral health crisis.
Our goals are:
- Promote the safety and emotional stability of community members experiencing behavioral health crises
- Minimize further deterioration of community members experiencing behavioral health crises
- Help community members experiencing crises to obtain ongoing care and treatment
- Prevent placement in settings that are more intensive, costly, or restrictive than necessary and appropriate
We operate in these areas:
- Santa Rosa
- Rohnert Park
We are staffed by licensed mental health clinicians, certified substance abuse specialists, post-graduate registered interns, mental health consumers and family members who:
- Receive specialized field safety training by law enforcement partners.
- Are available during peak activity hours and days as informed by ongoing data review and coordination with law enforcement agencies.
- Participate in law enforcement shift briefings to maintain open communication.
When we respond and the scene is secured, our staff provides mental health and substance use disorders interventions to individuals experiencing a behavioral health crisis, including an evidence-based assessment that assists in determining if the individual should be placed on an involuntary hold.
We provide crisis intervention, support and referrals to medical and social services as needed.
Follow-up services are provided by mental health consumers to help link community members to ongoing care and treatment to mitigate future crisis.