Love Me, Fix Me
Our Love Me, Fix Me (LMFM) program offers low-cost spay/neuter vouchers for qualifying low-income pet owners. This program aims to remove barriers to spaying and neutering pets and ensure that all Sonoma County residents have access to affordable spay/neuter services.
A LMFM voucher for your dog or cat includes spay or neuter surgery and microchip. Dogs receive rabies vaccinations if needed, and a dog license if applicable.
How to Qualify
Love Me, Fix Me qualification is income-based. There are two ways to qualify:
1. You or another person in your household is participating in one of these assistance programs:
- CalFresh/Food Stamps
- Free or Reduced Lunch
- AT&T Lifeline
- PG&E CARE
Proof of participation will be requested with your application.
2. The combined income of all household members does not exceed the “very low income” limitations by household size below:
2018 State Income Limits
Proof of income is required with your application.
If you are applying for a dog voucher, a current license is required.
How to Apply
Return the application and requested documentation to Sonoma County Animal Services.
- Review the qualification requirements.
- Complete the application form.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- By fax: (707) 565-7112, or
- By mail: Love Me, Fix Me, Sonoma County Animal Services, 1247 Century Court, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Qualifying applicants will be contacted to receive a voucher for use with one of our participating local veterinarians. For dog owners, if you live in one of our jurisdictions, a current license is required to receive a voucher.
Co-pay Fees Per Voucher
- Cat spay/neuter surgery: $40
- Dog spay/neuter surgery: $50 + $27 license fee (if applicable) due to Sonoma County Animal Services before vouchers are issued
Co-pays are due at the time of surgery.
Please contact us at (707) 565-7100 or email email@example.com.
Love Me, Fix Me Veterinary Partner Program
Are you a veterinarian interested in giving back to your community through our spay/neuter voucher program? Participation in the LMFM Veterinary Partner Program is open to all animal clinics and hospitals in Sonoma County. For more details or to join the Veterinary Partner Program, please call (707) 565-5403.
Sonoma County Animal Services
Walk Your Dog and Support Our Animal Shelter!
Our 2016 Annual Report can be downloaded or read on our website.
Download our annual report.
2016 Annual Report
Read our annual report on our website