If You've Lost a Pet
View the stray dogs, cats, and other animals under our care
Tips for Finding Your Lost Pet
- Start searching immediately.
- Create and distribute flyers and post signs in high traffic areas. With permission, also post flyers in vet clinics, pet stores, groomers, pet boarding facilities and other local businesses.
- Talk to your neighbors.
- Check the shelters in your area from the list at the bottom of this page. Additional shelters may be found using Google search.
- Post and search for your lost pet on Nextdoor.com and Craigslist (in the Community section under Lost & Found and Pets).
- Notify Josie's Lost Dog Alert of Sonoma County.
- Check (or place) ads in the local papers.
- If you've lost your cat, try searching later in the day.
- Visit Mission Reunite for more resources
Keep searching. Some lost pets are found within hours or days and others are found months or even years after disappearing. Don't give up hope!
Other Animal Shelters in Sonoma County
Sonoma County Animal Services
Walk Your Dog and Support Our Animal Shelter!
Our 2016 Annual Report can be downloaded or read on our website.
Download our annual report.
2016 Annual Report
Read our annual report on our website