Liability & Insurance
The Human Resources Department is currently closed to the public.
While the Human Resources building is temporarily closed to the public, we will continue to provide essential services…more information
The Liability & Insurance Unit provides claims administration, risk mitigation, and insurance services to County of Sonoma departments, agencies and districts:
- Claims administration of all tort claims filed against the County, and in partnership with the County Counsel’s office, litigation management that results from such claims.
- Coordination of the County’s threat assessment team.
- Administration of the County’s self-insured programs: General Liability and Workers’ Compensation.
- Procurement and management of insurance coverages to protect county assets from loss. These include coverage for property and crime loss as well as liability coverage for airport, aircraft, cyber, marina, medical malpractice, pollution, special event, and watercraft exposures.
- Risk assessment and risk control consulting services to County departments, agencies, and districts.
- Risk transfer tools including contract insurance requirements, evidence of coverage reviews, and release of liability documents.
- Development of an Enterprise Risk Management model to mitigate risk.
Jamie Bloom, Insurance Manager
Katie MacKay, Liability Manager
Human Resources Department
575 Administration Drive
Room 116 B
Evidence of Countys Insurance
Certain certificates may be provided by a County Department directly to the requesting party, while other certificates must be provided by Risk Management.