16.4.1 Park Ranger I/II Shift Premium Pay
Employees in the classes of Park Ranger I/II entitled to receive shift differential premium, shall be paid as follows:
An employee whose shift starts at 7:00 a.m. or later and ends by 7:00 p.m. shall not be eligible for shift pay.
An employee who is assigned to work and actually works fifty percent (50%) or more of his or her assignment on an evening shift, (2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.), or a night shift, (10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.), is entitled to receive a shift differential premium for hours worked as defined below:
- Shift differential premium pay shall be paid only for hours worked on the defined shift.
- An employee who is assigned to and works fifty percent (50%) or more of his or her shift hours between 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. shall receive the evening shift differential premium specified in Section 16.4.2. The evening shift premium shall be paid for all hours worked after 2:00 p.m. and up to the ending of the assigned shift, if the night shift premium eligibility does not apply.
- An employee who is assigned to and works fifty percent (50%) or more of this or her shift hours between 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. shall receive the night shift premiums specified in Section 16.4.2. The night shift premium shall be paid for all hours worked after 10:00 p.m. up to the ending of the assigned night shift, if the evening shift premium eligibility does not apply.
16.4.2 Shift Differential – Evening And Night
- Evening shift premium: five percent (5%) of the base hourly rate per hour, for each eligible hour as specified above 16.4.1b.
- Night shift premium: ten percent (10%) of the base hourly rate per hour, for each eligible hour as specified above 16.4.1c.
16.4.3 Shift Differential – Split Shift
An employee assigned to and who actually works a split workday shall receive shift differential based on the time at the beginning of each half shift. Split shifts occur with a scheduled break of more than one hour. Each portion of the shift is treated separately as described in Section 16.4.1b and 16.4.1c above.
Back to top