The County of Sonoma offers services and programs that support children and youth. Periodically, we seek volunteers to help with various programs such as court appointed special advocates (CASA), dental clinic at Valley of the Moon Children’s Home, and friendly visitors & tutors at Juvenile Hall.
Current opportunities will be announced below.
- If there are no listings on this page at this time, it could be that the department or program is not soliciting volunteers at this time.
- You can opt to submit an application and resume if you’d like, but there is no guarantee that you will hear from the department or program if there are not openings. Complete the volunteer application and email it to email@example.com drop it off at County of Sonoma Human Resources, Volunteer Program.
Some examples of opportunities that are often available:
- Valley of the Moon Children’s Home – Dental Clinic seeks dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants.
- Court appointed special advocates (CASA) – Become a trained advocate to best represent the best interests of abused and neglected children coming before the Juvenile court.
- Juvenile Hall friendly visitors and tutors – Visit youth incarcerated at juvenile hall that do not have visitors on a regular basis. Tutor youth at juvenile hall in subjects including math and English.
(PDF: 174 kB)