- Goes above and beyond what is required in his/her position.
- Exhibits outstanding collaborative team work.
- Displays exceptional motivation, creativity, and perseverance.
- Provides superior customer service.
- Identifies and reduces potential safety risks, history of safety practices.
- Generates cost saving suggestions and operational improvements.
- Demonstrates standards of excellence in the workplace / community.
- Participates in community service, outside of job duties.
Whenever possible, use recognition that will be meaningful to the employee, volunteer, team, division, being recognized. Customize the recognition by calling attention to specific actions of employees or groups, presenting awards / recognition items, providing special treats, etc.
Events that include some training or overview of department accomplishments must serve as a venue to recognize and commend employees for their contributions. Be sure that employee recognition is specific and defined in the event. This program is not set-up to fund training retreats, training material, etc.
Conduct a survey of your staff or leadership to see what type of recognition would be received by staff / employees as special recognition to them; you may also solicit ideas on how they would like to be recognized.
Back to top