Basic Life Insurance, basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Supplemental Life Insurance, and Dependent Life Insurance are insured by The Hartford.
The maximum amount of Life Insurance with Basic Life and Supplemental Life combined cannot exceed $500,000.
WHAT IS IT?
If you die, life benefits are disbursed to your beneficiaries in a lump sum to help them pay for things like:
- Burial and final expenses.
- Debts such as student and car loans and the mortgage.
- Future expenses, including college tuition, the rent, childcare, retirement savings or even elderly parent care.
There are also additional benefits available when you enroll that may help you plan better today and face life’s turning points with professional assistance, including:
- An online tool for drafting your will.
- Emergency travel assistance in case an accident or illness occurs while you are away.
- An “Express Pay” service where, under certain conditions, death claim proceeds can be received in as little as 48 hours.
- Funeral planning and cost comparison services.
- Face-to-face access to an attorney or counselor to assist beneficiaries after a death.
WHY DO I NEED IT?
You never know what the future may hold. That’s the whole reason behind life insurance. It can’t fill your shoes, but it can be a comforting source of income and support for your loved ones if you can’t be there. Your needs may change over time, but the need to protect the important things in life won’t. Take the time to help protect what’s taken a lifetime to build.