HealthTrails is a wellness program that draws on the excitement of seeing and learning about new places and people by tracing famous trails around the world.
Each time you record a HealthTrails activity you move along the trail. As you progress, you’ll see great images and vivid descriptions of that location as if you’re right there. It’s a fun, effective way to track health habits because you actually see your progress each time you record an activity.
Participation is Free and Open to all County Employees
Register from January 23rd through February 13th, 2017
The HealthTrails Challenge is from February 6th through April 2nd, 2017
Start or Join a Team by
Monday, February 13, 2017
Participating in a team effort strengthens resolve, builds camaraderie, and is tons of fun.
- Teams consist of 4 to 5 members (team leader and at least 3 others)
- You can be a member of only 1 team.
- Once you join a team, you may not switch to another team.
- The individual who starts the team is the team leader.
Scoring is based on team average miles/day. The more miles participants move along the trail, the greater the impact on their overall team score.
With the right combination of members, your team can be successful. Keep these points in mind as you invite people to join:
- Diversity — Include people of varied ability levels — those who may contribute many miles a couple days a week as well as those who meet daily goals more consistently.
- Attitude — A team with members who get along, know how to have fun, and are supportive of each other’s goals will be successful.
- Proximity — It’s beneficial if members are located near one another. If possible, you want to be close enough to meet for group activities that can help strengthen your team.
- Dedication — Good health requires commitment. Look for people who are excited about the program and other healthy living goals.
- Perspective — Each member brings a unique viewpoint that can create a richer atmosphere of support.
- Support — Consider including someone who could use a little extra support and inspiration in their health journey. There are many ways to define success. Making a difference for others is one of them.
Team participation is optional. Although you can participate on your own, HealthTrails is even more fun when you’re on a team. And numerous studies show that you’re more likely to stick with healthy habits when supported by others.
- MapWalk™ route planner
- Vivid descriptions and images of attractions, geography, icons, and customs to make the trails come alive
- Trail Mates for personal challenges and social support
- Interactive Trail Talk message board to comment on the program or simply view the posts of our health expert
- Resources and easy-to-make healthy recipes to fuel success
- And more!
Find faq at the bottom of the Health Trails Page
Have a question not listed? Contact Health Trails
Thank you to Kaiser Permanente for Sponsoring this Challenge