The Chanate Campus (The Campus) is centrally located in Santa Rosa, California and is made up of about 71 acres of land surrounded by beautiful semi-wooded hills, valleys, and residential neighborhoods. The property has served the community's health and medical needs for several generations. When the largest property tenant, Sutter Health, turned the campus back over to the County in 2014, the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors decided to sell the underutilized County property to create new opportunities for much-needed housing.
The 71-acre Campus includes 17 buildings built between 1936 and 1994 that are now mostly vacant. The property also includes a historic cemetery. The property is adjacent to the 26-acre Piner Creek Flood Control Reservoir owned by the Sonoma County Water Agency, nine acres of land along Paulin Creek owned by Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District, and includes Parcel J with nine acres of land dedicated for public access and use. These parcels are not included in the sale.
Parcel and Building Detail (PDF)