BayREN and Energy and Sustainability Division No-Cost Online Training
Heat Pump Water Heaters – Brownbag Lunch/Live Webinar
When: Wednesday, 8/26/2020 12:00PM – 1:15 PM
Description: Heat pump water heaters (HPWHs) are an increasingly popular technology that are a highly efficient means of providing hot water to houses. This training will describe HPWHs, when HPWHs are allowed under the 2019 Code, code requirements for installation, and how to complete compliance forms. Information about Incentives available for HPWHs in Sonoma County will be included.
Topics Covered: Overview of water heater technologies and trends, identifying HPWHs in the field, Energy Code requirements for HPWH installations and replacements, Energy Code compliance forms, and requirements specific to HPWHs. New incentives for Heat Pump Water Heaters in Sonoma County from the BayREN Home+ Program and Sonoma Clean Power.
Download a copy of the Heat Pump Water Heater 2019 Energy Code Assistance Sheet here.
Target Audience: Permit technicians, plan checkers, and field inspectors. Information is also very valuable for contractors and building industry professionals.
Each registrant will receive 0.1 ICC CEUs upon completion
Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tvjkq3foRziZXEOuevLJCg
After registering, registered attendees will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
BayREN Home+ Introduction for Contractors
When: August 24th at noon and August 28th at 3 pm
Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) is the nine-county collaborative that administers energy efficiency funds in the Bay Area. BayREN offers several rebate programs to provide homeowners resources to make energy efficiency improvements. These programs offer HERS Raters the opportunity to offer additional services to contractor clients making residential energy efficiency improvements in the Bay Area.
BayREN is holding 1-hour webinars to discuss the following:
Home Energy Score - HERS Raters can become a Home Energy Score Assessor and help homeowners understand their home and potential for energy efficiency improvements. This may allow Raters to access $400 in rebates by collecting some additional data points on top of the HERS inspection.
Home+ - HERS Raters who are BPI certified can partner with Participating Contractors to simultaneously perform a HERS test and a BPI CAS test-out for these projects.
Other BayREN programs – Other energy efficiency program offerings for multifamily and water heater electrification.
Register to attend a 1-hour informational webinar by going to: https://bayrenintro.eventbrite.com
BayREN Online and On-Demand Trainings
Keep up-to-date on what the inspectors are looking for…The BayREN Codes & Standards Program offers online short course trainings that engage building department staff and the building professionals they serve to increase understanding of developments in the Energy Code and promote best practices for compliance and enforcement.
For more information and to register: https://www.bayrencodes.org/events/
PG&E Energy Training Center Classes
Free classes on a range of energy-related content. In-person classes have been canceled, but classes are continuing to be offered as webinars.
HVAC ACCA Series is Now Online!
ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) Residential Quality Installation Series
- On Demand: Launch Anytime!
- The ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) On-Demand Residential Quality Installation Series consists of 12 modules designed as a whole to provide the student with an introduction and orientation to designing high quality residential HVAC systems. It is highly recommended that students take all twelve modules prior to attending the PG&E 3 day computer based training program (ACCA Manual J, ACCA Manual D and Advanced ACCA Manual D).
ACCA Manual J - Equipment Sizing and Selection
- Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Are you a square foot per ton kind of person when it comes to sizing HVAC systems? Heating and Cooling systems should be sized to the loads they are serving. Learn how to use the ACCA approved Wrightsoft software program to more accurately match HVAC systems to the loads in residential buildings.
ACCA Manual D - Duct Design
- Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Ever been out on a service call and witnessed one twelve inch return duct for a three ton air conditioner? We bet that installation was not designed using ACCA Manual D Duct Design principles. After taking the ACCA Manual J course, make sure to sign up for this informative class.
Advanced ACCA Manual D
- Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Practice, Practice, Practice! After taking the ACCA Manual J, and ACCA Manual D classes, make sure to sign up for this training as well. This class puts it all together with a computer lab.
Residential Heat Pumps: Quality Design and Installation
- Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- If you want to understand more about the advantages of a properly designed and installed residential heat pump, don't miss this class! The instructor will cover proper design and sizing using the ACCA approved Wrightsoft software. A computer lab is included.