Published: May 1, 2020
Dear County Staff,
Below is information on two new resources available to support emotional resiliency during a crisis:
Online General Staff and Managerial Covid-19-Related Program Offerings
HR-Workforce Development has engaged nationally known crisis and resiliency expert, Dr. Beth A. Cohen, to provide two sessions each of two different 90-minute WebEx programs; one designed for general staff and one available only to supervisorial and managerial staff as follows:
For All Staff
Navigating Psycho-social Impacts of COVID-19
- Monday, May 11, 2020 - Staff Line Program (1:30-3:00 PM)
- Monday, Mya 18, 2020 - Staff Line Program (10:00-11:30 AM)
For Managerial Staff
Leading Sonoma County Through Crisis and Uncertainty:
- Monday, May 11, 2020 - Managers Program (10:00-11:30 AM)
- Monday, May 19, 2020 - Managers Program (1:30-3:00 PM)
The Managerial Staff program will only appear in your LMS if you are already a supervisor or a manager.
Additional sessions will be scheduled based on the response to these first sessions and interest in additional ones.
Each of these WebEx programs is being offered through sonoma higher ed and will allow for several hundred employees to access the sessions simultaneously. Search for “Navigating psychosocial”
in sonoma higher ed.
- When you register for the class and time that you want for this training, click on the Course Title instead of the Launch button.
- To Register for the training, choose Enroll. The class title screen will pop up.
- Exit the title screen by clicking the X in the Top Right Corner
- On the scheduled date and time of the training, select Launch and view the activity. You will find the WebEx Link on page 2.
Free App and Online Resource for Managing Emotional Wellbeing
The County’s Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) provider, Beacon Health Options (formerly known as ValueOptions) is launching a free, COVID-19 / Mental Wellness resource. MyStrength is a unique, online emotional health program that can be accessed via a computer
or smartphone app. It has an extensive library of articles, videos, and eLearning programs that are aimed at helping members navigate new COVID-19 challenges such as a heightened level of stress and anxiety, feelings of isolation, and parental challenges as families work and learn together all
You must register by August 31, 2020 to access the resource through September 30, 2020.