How Can I Become a Junior Commissioner?
Each Spring 10 to 16 youth are selected to serve as Junior Commissioners for a one-year term that runs concurrent with the school year. The application for the August 2020 to May 2021 term is now open. Applications are due by March 6, 2020.
If you would like more information about the Junior Commissioner project, please contact the Commission’s office.
Why Should I Become a Commissioner?
- It will provide you the opportunity to participate in advocacy and take an active role in County Government
- It will create opportunities for you to develop communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- It will allow you insight into issues impacting the lives of you and your peers.
- It will offer you a chance to make a positive change in your community
- It will help you develop leadership skills and strengthen self-esteem
Commission on the Status of Women
Human Resources Department
County of Sonoma
Sonoma County Administration Building
575 Administration Drive
Junior Commissioner Status of Women Applications