Commission on the Status of Women Meeting
October 8, 2020 at 6:00 PM
First District: Jan Blalock, Joanne M. Brown, Maddy Leader
Second District: Trisha Almond (Chair), Katie Gordon, Caitlin Quinn (Officer-at-Large)
Third District: Lorena Barrera (Vice-Chair)
Fourth District: Marta Cruz, Leticia Padilla
Fifth District: Ariana Diaz De Leon, Peggy Rogers, Jessica Wood
Instructions for the Public
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this Commission meeting will occur via videoconference only. All Commissioners will be participating remotely, and residents are urged to follow the orders issued by the Sonoma County Public Health Officer and Governor and participate in the meeting remotely as well. As allowed under the Governor’s Executive Order N- 29-20 (March 17, 2020), during the duration of the COVID emergency the County of Sonoma will no longer offer an in-person meeting location for the public to attend.
Members of the public may view and participate in the meeting remotely through the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88500420290
(No Pre-Registration Needed- Click on Link at Meeting Start Time)
You may call in using: 1 (408) 638-0968
(Zoom webinar ID: 885 0042 0290)
If you wish to find your local number (for those not located in California) you can use the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbD4rj4GDw
- CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL
- OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
At the beginning of each Commission meeting, any member of the public may address the Commission concerning any item not on the Commission's agenda. Speakers will be limited to three (3) minutes unless otherwise specified by the Chair or the Presiding Officer. The public will be given an opportunity to speak on each agenda item at the time it is called. The Commission may discuss and/or take action regarding any or all of the items listed below. Once the public comment portion of any item on this agenda has been closed by the Commission no further comment from the public will be permitted unless authorized by the Chair or the Commission and if so authorized, said additional public comment shall be limited to the provision of information not previously provided to the Commission or as otherwise limited by order of the Chair or Commission.
- PRESENTATIONS - Madeleine O’Connell Keegan of YWCA
- APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
- COMMISSIONER ANNOUNCEMENTS Commissioners to provide any commission-related announcements, report on communications with supervisors and also announce any tabling opportunities.
- OPENINGS AND APPOINTMENTS Chair will report out on openings and swear in Commissioners Caitlin Quinn of the Second District and Jessica Wood of the Fifth District.
- BUSINESS ITEMS
- Discussion and possible action regarding the work plan and budget for the COVID-19 Ad Hoc.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the work plan and budget for the Junior Commissioner’s Project.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the request to approve $350 of the Commission’s budget in support of the annual billboard campaign for the Human Trafficking Task Force.
- Discussion and possible action regarding the request received from the Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office to officially commit to a working relationship to service victims and witnesses of violent crimes in the County.
- OFFICER REPORTS AND ADMINISTRATIVE UPDATES
- AD HOC COMMITTEE AND PROJECT COMMITTEE UPDATES Commissioners to provide reports and/or updates from the work being done by their ad hoc committee(s) and/or project committee(s).
- COVID-19 Ad Hoc
- Gender Equity Ad Hoc
- Junior Commissioner Project Committee
- Radio Project
- Voices of Sonoma County Women Ad Hoc
- COMMUNITY ISSUES, LIAISONS, AND COORDINATORS Commissioners to provide brief updates or ideas on the following:
- Association of California Commissions for Women (ACCW)
- Council on Aging
- Field Trip Ideas
- Human Trafficking Task Force
- Legislative Advisory Group
- National Association of Commissions for Women (NACW)
- Speaker Coordinator
- AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT COMMISSION MEETING Proposal, discussion, and possible action items for next Commission meeting.
Agendas and Materials
Due to legal, copyright, privacy or policy considerations, not all materials are posted online. Materials that are not posted are available for public inspection between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 575 Administration Drive, Suite 116B, Santa Rosa, CA.
Any member of the audience desiring to address the Commission on a matter on the agenda: Please walk to the public speaker’s table and after receiving recognition from the Chair, please state your name and make your comments. In order that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, please be brief and limit your comments to the subject under discussion. Each person is usually granted 3 minutes to speak; time limitations are at the discretion of the Chair. While members of the public are welcome to address the Commission, under the Brown Act, Commission members may not deliberate or take action on items not on the agenda, and generally may only listen.
Disabled Accommodation: If you have a disability which requires an accommodation, an alternative format, or requires another person to assist you while attending this meeting, please contact the Deputy Clerk at email@example.com, as soon as possible to ensure arrangements for accommodation.