First District: Jan Blalock, Joanne M. Brown, Maddy Leader
Second District: Trisha Almond (Chair), Katie Gordon, Caitlin Quinn (Officer-at-Large)
Third District: Lorena Barrera (Vice-Chair), Ofra Isler
Fourth District: Marta Cruz, Angelica Nunez, Leticia Padilla
Fifth District: Ariana Diaz De Leon, Peggy Rogers, Jessica Wood
Instructions for the Public
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this Commission meeting will occur via video-conference only. All Commissioners will be participating remotely, and residents are urged to follow the orders issued by the Sonoma County Public Health Officer and Governor and participate in the meeting remotely as well. As allowed under the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 (March 17, 2020), during the duration of the COVID emergency the County of Sonoma will no longer offer an in-person meeting location for the public to attend.
Members of the public may view and participate in the meeting remotely through the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88500420290
(No Pre-Registration Needed - Click on Link at Meeting Start Time)
You may call in using: 1 (408) 638-0968
(Zoom webinar ID: 885 0042 0290)
If you wish to find your local number (for those not located in California) you can use the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbD4rj4GDw
- CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL
- OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
At the beginning of each Commission meeting, any member of the public may address the Commission concerning any item not on the Commission's agenda. Speakers will be limited to three (3) minutes unless otherwise specified by the Chair or the Presiding Officer. The public will be given an opportunity to speak on each agenda item at the time it is called. The Commission may discuss and/or take action regarding any or all of the items listed below.
Gianna Biaggi, New School Creation fellow at the High Tech High Graduate School of Education
- APPROVAL OF NOVEMBER 12, 2020 MEETING MINUTES
- COMMISSIONER ANNOUNCEMENTS
Commissioners to provide any Commission-related announcements, report on communications with supervisors and also announce any tabling opportunities.
- OPENINGS AND APPOINTMENTS
Chair will report out on openings and provide the oath of office to new Commissioners.
- BUSINESS ITEMS
- Discussion and possible action regarding upcoming Black History Month event celebration in Petaluma.
- Discussion and possible action regarding Women’s History Month-related activities and events.
- OFFICER REPORTS AND ADMINISTRATIVE UPDATES
Officers to go over any administrative-related matters including, but not limited to, field trip ideas and speaker coordination.
- AD HOC COMMITTEE AND PROJECT COMMITTEE UPDATES
Commissioners to provide reports and/or updates from the work being done by their ad hoc committee(s) and/or project committee(s).
- COVID-19 Ad Hoc
- Gender Equity Ad Hoc
- Junior Commissioner Project Committee
- Radio Project
- Voices of Sonoma County Women Ad Hoc
- COMMUNITY ISSUES, LIAISONS, AND COORDINATORS
Commissioners to provide brief updates or ideas on the following:
- Association of California Commissions for Women (ACCW)
- Council on Aging
- Human Trafficking Task Force
- Legislative Advisory Group
- National Association of Commissions for Women (NACW)
- AGENDA ITEMS FOR NEXT COMMISSION MEETING
Proposal, discussion, and possible action items for next Commission meeting. (No action required by commissioners for this section.)
- CSW elections announcement and information