Voters can choose to receive and return a ballot by mail rather than go to a polling place on Election Day.
Official ballots are mailed to Vote by Mail voters approximately 29 days before an election, and may be returned:
- By mail
- In person to the Registrar of Voters Office
- To any polling place in Sonoma County no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Voters may choose to become a Vote by Mail voter by completing and returning a Vote by Mail Application to the Registrar of Voters Office. Voters may vote by mail for 1 time only or select Permanent Vote by Mail status for future elections by indicating this on the application or voter registration form.
For voters who wish to return their voted ballot in person to the Registrar of Voters Office, there is a drive-up window located in the front of the building. For your convenience, the drive up window is open daily, during normal business hours.
24-Hour Drive-Thru Ballot Drop Boxes
There are three 24-Hour Drive-Thru Ballot Drop Boxes available every election. They open approximately 29 days before Election Day and can be used until the polls close at 8 p.m. on Election Night.
- Sonoma County Registrar of Voters Office, 435 Fiscal Drive, Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Petaluma Veterans Memorial Building, 1094 Petaluma Boulevard South, Petaluma