Voters can choose to receive and return a ballot by mail rather than go to a polling place on Election Day.
Official ballots are mailed to Vote by Mail voters approximately 29 days before an election, and may be returned:
- By mail
- In person to the Registrar of Voters Office
- To any polling place in Sonoma County no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Voters may choose to become a Vote by Mail voter by completing and returning a Vote by Mail Application to the Registrar of Voters Office. Voters may vote by mail for 1 time only or select Permanent Vote by Mail status for future elections by indicating this on the application or voter registration form.
For voters who wish to return their voted ballot in person to the Registrar of Voters Office, there is a drive-up window located in the front of the building. For your convenience, the drive up window is open daily, during normal business hours.
24-Hour Drive-Thru Ballot Drop Boxes
There are three 24-Hour Drive-Thru Ballot Drop Boxes available every election. They open approximately 29 days before Election Day and can be used until the polls close at 8 p.m. on Election Night.
- Sonoma County Registrar of Voters Office, 435 Fiscal Drive, Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building, 1351 Maple Avenue, Santa Rosa
- Petaluma Veterans Memorial Building, 1094 Petaluma Boulevard South, Petaluma
**Additional 24-Hour Ballot Drop Boxes for November 2020 Election**
For the November 3, 2020, Consolidated General Election, there will be 17 additional 24-Hour Ballot Drop Boxes available. They will open approximately 29 days before Election Day (October 5) and will close at 8 p.m. on Election Night (November 3). All are located outside but some may require parking and walking a short distance to access.
- Bodega Bay Fire Station, 510 Highway 1, Bodega Bay
- Cloverdale Veterans Memorial Building, 205 West 1st Street, Cloverdale
- Cotati Veterans Memorial Building, 8505 Park Avenue, Cotati
- Duncans Mills Fire Station, 24900 Highway 116, Duncans Mills
- Geyserville Fire Station, 20975 Geyserville Avenue, Geyserville
- Glen Ellen Fire Station, 13445 Arnold Drive, Glen Ellen
- Guerneville Regional Library, 14107 Armstrong Woods Road, Guerneville
- Healdsburg City Hall, 401 Grove Street, Healdsburg
- Kenwood Fire Station, 9045 Sonoma Highway, Kenwood
- Petaluma Community Center, 320 N McDowell Boulevard, Petaluma - Central
- Sonoma State University, 1801 East Cotati Avenue, Rohnert Park
- Rohnert Park - Cotati Regional Library, 6250 Lynne Condé Way, Rohnert Park
- Roseland Community Center, 779 Sebastopol Road, Santa Rosa - Central
- Rincon Valley Library, 6959 Montecito Boulevard, Santa Rosa - East
- Sebastopol Center for the Arts, 282 S High Street, Sebastopol
- Sonoma Valley Regional Library, 755 West Napa Street, Sonoma
- Bluebird Center, 25 Bluebird Drive, Windsor