Unlawful Detainer Assistant
The staff of the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor's Office are forbidden by California legal codes to practice law or provide legal advice; this prohibition includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.
What is an Unlawful Detainer Assistant?
An "Unlawful Detainer Assistant" is an individual who for compensation renders assistance or advice in the prosecution or defense of an unlawful detainer claim or action, including any bankruptcy petition that may affect the unlawful detainer claim or action.
Registering as an Unlawful Detainer Assistant
- Complete registration form (available at the County Clerk-Recorder office).
- Provide all supporting documentation as requested in the application form.
- Unlawful Detainer Assistant bond in the amount of $25,000.00. Different amount for corporations/partnerships dependent on number of employees.
- Pay all applicable fees
- $182.00 for the registration and ID card
- $14.00 for first page of bond, $3.00 each additional page, to record the bond
- Visit the County Clerk-Recorder Office in person between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays or Wednesdays between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm with all required documents and valid form of payment for all fees
County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
County Clerk-Recorder Office
Clerk-Recorder accepts payments by cash, checks, credit or debit cards.