Notary Registration and Bonds
The Clerk's Office Has Moved!
The County Clerk-Recorder Office is now located at:
585 Fiscal Dr., Room 103, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
The new Clerk-Recorder’s Office will provide essential services for residents in one location – vital records, recording services, land record information, official public records, marriage licenses & ceremonies, and fictitious business names.
The staff of the Clerk-Recorder-Assessor's Office are forbidden by California legal codes to practice law or provide legal advice; this prohibition includes giving advice about what forms you might need or how you should fill them out.
What is a Notary Public?
A notary public is a public official who performs valuable services to the legal, business, financial and real estate communities by certifying or witnessing signatures on official documents.
Becoming a Notary Public
To become a California Notary Public, go to the Secretary of State Notary Public Division’s website at http://www.sos.ca.gov/notary
Notary Oath Filing Requirements
- Must <pwa data-pwa-id="pwa-C0978BD4EDFC4690B3CE48C424047245" data-pwa-rule-id="PASSIVE_VOICE" data-pwa-category="style" data-pwa-hint="Passive verbs make your writing less direct. Try to use an active verb instead." data-pwa-dictionary-word="be completed" class="pwa-mark pwa-mark-done">be completed</pwa> within 30 days of commission issuance date
- Notary bond with <pwa data-pwa-id="pwa-ED529D48D8DC220E2F0ED86F4257C667" data-pwa-rule-id="DET_CG_2" data-pwa-category="grammar" data-pwa-hint="Possible missing determiner" data-pwa-suggestions="an original~the original" data-pwa-dictionary-word="original" class="pwa-mark pwa-mark-done">original</pwa> signature for $15,000 must <pwa data-pwa-id="pwa-E44301EFED51660385786C104BC6EB7F" data-pwa-rule-id="PASSIVE_VOICE" data-pwa-category="style" data-pwa-hint="Passive verbs make your writing less direct. Try to use an active verb instead." data-pwa-dictionary-word="be provided" class="pwa-mark pwa-mark-done">be provided</pwa>
- Bring Commission and 2 copies of Oath issued by Secretary of State
- Names on commission, bond, and oath must be exactly the same
- A notary can also take his/her oath before another notary in the county.
- $50.00 for filing of the oath
- $14.00 for first page of bond, and $3.00 each additional page, to record the bond
County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
County Clerk-Recorder Office
Clerk-Recorder accepts payments by cash, checks, credit or debit cards.