Consumers should be wary of solicitations requesting fees ranging from $100 - $500 for services that are offered at our office for a substantially lower cost or at no charge.
Property Assessment Profile / Grant Deed
Sonoma County residents have received solicitations from a private company encouraging them to obtain a copy of their Property Assessment Profile, which includes a “complimentary” copy of the current Grant Deed, for $95.00. This data is available from our office for a nominal fee.
Property Profiles are available from the Assessor’s Office for $7.00.
Grant deeds are available from the Recorder’s Office for a nominal fee. To purchase the document online for $4.00 per document (plus a $2.00 transaction fee), look up your document on our Sonoma County Document Records Search.
Fictitious Business Names
Sonoma County business owners have received solicitations from a private company encouraging them to renew their Fictitious Business Name Statements for a fee of $159.00. Business owners can deal directly with the County Clerk’s Office when filing.
Customers have two options when filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement. With either option, the cost of filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement is $55.00 for the first business name and the first owner name. Each additional name is $9.00. Forms are available in our office and online.
Read more about Fictitious Business Names
Sonoma County residents have received solicitations from a private company encouraging them to obtain a certified copy of their property Grant Deed for a fee of $89.00.
Typically the Grant Deed is mailed to the new homeowner after the purchase is finalized. However, the public may request a certified copy for a nominal fee.
- Customers have the following options when requesting a copy of their Grant Deed:
- Online: Look up your property using the Sonoma County Document Records Search. The cost of downloading an official record is $4.00 per document. A certified copy can also be ordered for shipment. The cost for a certified copy is the same as an In Person transaction.
- Credit and debit cards are accepted, although a $2.00 convenience fee is charged per transaction
- In Person: The cost of an official record is $5.00 per page - for a certified copy, the cost is an additional $4.00 per document.
- Payment can be made by cash or check. Credit and debit cards are accepted, although a $2.50 convenience fee is charged with the usage of a card.
- By Mail: Look up your property using the Sonoma County Document Records Search to find out how many pages in your deed. For an official record, enclose $5.00 for each page - for a certified copy, enclose an additional $4.00 per document.
Mail your request to:
Attn: Copy Desk
585 Fiscal Drive Room 103 F
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Mail processing time is 2 - 3 weeks.
County Clerk-Recorder-Assessor-Registrar of Voters
County Clerk-Recorder Office
585 Fiscal Drive
Clerk-Recorder accepts payments by cash, checks, credit or debit cards.
Fictitious Business Name Applications and Forms
Fictitious Business Name Statement Application
Fictitious Business Names Addendum Page
Statement of Abandonment of Use of Fictitious Business Name
Fictitious Business Name Statement of Withdrawal From Partnership
Types of Business Ownership and Structure
List of newspapers authorized to publish public or legal notices.
Public Records Search
Search Records Now
Search Online Index of Sonoma County Public Records
Search Our Online Index of Public Records: Official Public Records, Fictitious Business Names, Professional Registrations, CEQA Filings
Before Searching Older Records
When searching for a record prior to 2010, remember to use abbreviations; after January 1, 2010, search under the exact name of the person or company.
1964-1989 Records Cross-Reference
1990-2010 Record Cross-Reference