For Immediate Release
Sonoma County to host roundtable discussion on confronting racism
Santa Rosa, CA – March 22, 2021 – The Sonoma County Board of Supervisors and other community leaders will hold a joint news conference this afternoon to take a uniﬁed stand against racism in light of recent racist acts, including attacks on Asian Americans, that have occurred locally and across the nation.
What: Press Conference: Confronting Racism
- Jackie Elward, Rohnert Park Vice Mayor
- Lyndsey Burcina, Human Rights Commissioner
- Dr. Diann Kitamura, Santa Rosa City School Superintendent
- Frank Chong, Santa Rosa Junior College Superintendent
- Laurie Fong, Santa Rosa City School Board President
- Carol Kawase, President of the Northern CA Western Nevada JACL
- Nancy Wang, Chinese American Citizens League
- Mohammad K. "MK" Jabbari, Sonoma County Interfaith Council Founding Member
- Lynda Hopkins, Chair of the Board of Supervisors
- Chris Coursey, Vice Chair of the Board of Supervisors
- Susan Harvey, Councilmember, City of Cotati
- Michael Parish, Chief of Police, City of Cotati
- Laura Sparks, Councilmember, City of Cotati
- Susan Adams, Councilmember, Rohnert Park
- Mark Landman, Vice Mayor, City of Cotati
- Amy Harrington, Councilmember, City of Sonoma
When: Monday, March 22 at 4:30 p.m.
After registering, you will receive a conﬁrmation email containing information about joining the webinar.