For Immediate Release
Cold Weather Advisory November 20, 2019
Santa Rosa, CA – November 20, 2019 – Effective Wednesday, November 20, 2019, Sonoma County is issuing a cold weather advisory in response to the National Weather Service’s prediction for temperatures in the 30s overnight in parts of the county that might also be without power.
Strong winds may increase the danger from cold temperatures (wind chill). Infants, the elderly, those without shelter or heat, and people using alcohol or other drugs are at higher risk from health problems caused by cold.
The Sonoma County Health Officer strongly advises individuals adhere to the following:
- Stay indoors as much as possible.
- If you must go outside, dress appropriately and limit exposure.
- It is best to wear several layers of loose-fitting clothing when outdoors, including a hat, scarf and mittens.
- If clothing becomes wet, remove it immediately.
- Protect people at high risk by providing warm clothes and blankets.
- Check on elderly or disabled neighbors frequently.
- Bring animals indoors.