The Chair of the Board of Supervisors has formed a Fire Services Ad-Hoc Committee to address the nature of fire services in the County, particularly in the unincorporated areas. The intended outcome is a more effective and efficient fire system in Sonoma County. The Ad Hoc Committee will address some immediate challenges, as well as establish a longer-term process which builds on historical and recent efforts to improve fire governance.
This effort will keep three principles in mind to guide decisions:
- Any decisions should result in a quality of service that equals or exceeds the level that would exist without changes.
- Any decisions should improve the cost effectiveness of fire services.
- Any decisions will be made with a County-wide view. For example, the base property tax revenue for CSA 40 will be considered as one “pool” of funding.
County Department Resources
- Veronica Ferguson, County Administrator
- Chris Thomas, Assistant County Administrator
- Peter Bruland, Administrative Analyst
- Al Terrell, Director, Fire and Emergency Services
- Fire Chiefs
- Fire Boards
- Fire Labor (VFC’s, FPD’s, cities)
- Ambulance Providers
- Ambulance Provider Boards
- Ambulance Labor
- CSA 40
- Coastal Valleys EMS
575 Administration Drive