Released by: Board of Supervisors
For Immediate Release
Residents are Invited to Community Meetings on Fire Services in Sonoma County
Sonoma County officials seek community input on the future of fire services and provide information on a current project
Santa Rosa, CA – October 2, 2014 – The County of Sonoma has launched a project to seek a more effective, efficient, and sustainable fire service system in the county, particularly the unincorporated areas. Fire services in Sonoma County are provided today by dedicated and excellent volunteers and professionals. Yet, many districts and volunteer companies in the County are facing significant financial stresses.
As part of the recently launched project, County officials are seeking community input that will help inform and provide context for the recommendations that are presented to the Board of Supervisors. The County and many fire agencies have partnered to schedule 10 community meetings in different regions of the county in order to receive input and participation. The presentations at each of these meetings will cover the same information in order to communicate about this project to as many interested people throughout the county as possible.
Each of the meetings are scheduled from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the following locations and dates. Interested members of the public are invited to attend.
- October 16: Bodega Volunteer Fire Department, Community Hall, 17184 Bodega Hwy, Bodega.
- October 20: Geyserville Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 20975 Geyserville Ave, Geyserville.
- October 21: Schell Vista Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 22950 Broadway, Sonoma.
- October 29: Wilmar Volunteer Fire Department, Wilson Elementary School, 3775 Bodega Ave, Petaluma.
- October 30: Timber Cove Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 30800 Seaview Rd, Jenner.
- November 3: Sea Ranch Volunteer Fire Department, Del Mar Center Hall, 40600 Leeward Rd, Sea Ranch.
- November 5: Windsor Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 8600 Windsor Rd, Windsor.
- November 6: Forestville Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 6554 Mirabel Rd, Forestville.
- November 12: Kenwood Fire Protection District, Fire Station, 9045 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood.
- November 13: Monte Rio Fire Protection District, Rec Center, 20488 Hwy 116, Monte Rio.
For more information about these meetings, please contact Peter Bruland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 565-2431. Starting October 3rd, the County will also provide information on-line at: www.sonomacounty.ca.gov/CAO/Fire-Services-Project.